Skip to Main Content View Text-Only

The City of Portland, Oregon

Development Services

From Concept to Construction

Phone: 503-823-7300


1900 SW 4th Ave, Portland, OR 97201

More Contact Info


A full seismic analysis is required, and upgrade to current seismic standards, to change a house to a school, preschool or child care. You must retain a structural engineer, licensed by the state, to analyze the building and design the improvements required to bring the house up to code.

For more information on seismic requirements or triggers, call our Structural Reviewers' information line at (503) 823-1302 or visit our Development Services Center.