Skip to Main Content View Text-Only

The City of Portland, Oregon

Development Services

From Concept to Construction

Phone: 503-823-7300


1900 SW 4th Ave, Portland, OR 97201

More Contact Info

Multnomah County Health/State Dept. Of Agriculture

Most drinking and dining establishments must be licensed by the Multnomah County Health Department or call them at (503) 988-3400. Food establishments that make more than half of their sales from the manufacture or sale of food products for off-site consumption will generally require approval from the Oregon Department of Agriculture Food Safety Division or call them at (503) 986-4720.

BDS won't issue a permit for your food establishment until you turn in a copy of the stamped Multnomah County approved plan, or documentation from the Department of Agriculture showing that they have approved the project.