Skip to Main Content View Text-Only

The City of Portland, Oregon

Development Services

From Concept to Construction

Phone: 503-823-7300


1900 SW 4th Ave, Portland, OR 97201

More Contact Info

What do I need for my project?

What do I need for my project?


Research Land Use Review Public Works Permitting Inspections Plan Review Plan Submittal Land Use Review Public Works Permitting Planning & Zoning

Know Your Lot:

  • What is the address?
  • What is the tax account number? (Call Multnomah County at (503) 988-3326)
  • What is the legal description of the property?
  • What is the owner's name & address?
  • Are there services to the property including fire access, water supply, public streets, sanitary sewer and stormwater facilities?
  • Check with the Bureaus of: Parks and Recreation, Environmental Services, Water, Fire and Transportation to see if other City regulations such as street trees, a new driveway or system development charges will apply.
  • Check with the Oregon Department of Environmental Quality, the Multnomah County Health Department, the Oregon Department of Transportation, and local water and drainage districts to see what regulations would apply.
  • Is there a permit history on the existing building?

More information on how to Research a Property.

Most of the information about your property and building is available at the Resource/Records Counter at the Development Services Center. If you are looking for a list of permits and land use reviews for a particular property, you can find them on Portland Maps.

For more information, visit the plan review staff at the Development Services Center or call (503) 823-7310.

After you have collected the information and documents about your property then you are ready for Planning and Zoning.

Public Works Permitting - Do I need a public works permit? 

Planning & Zoning - What can I do on my site?