Skip to Main Content View Text-Only

The City of Portland, Oregon

Development Services

From Concept to Construction

Phone: 503-823-7300


1900 SW 4th Ave, Portland, OR 97201

More Contact Info

What can I do on my site?

 Planning & Zoning - What can I do on my site?

Research Land Use Review Public Works Permitting Inspections Plan Review Plan Submittal Land Use Review Public Works Permitting Planning & Zoning

What you need to know about your site:

  • To determine the zoning regulations applicable to a site, you must first find the site on the official zoning maps.
  • The appropriate map will show the base zone that is applied to the site.
  • It will also show if the site is subject to any overlay zones or plan districts, and if the site contains a historical landmark or recreational trail.
  • You then look up all the corresponding regulations in the Zoning Code.

If you cannot meet the standards and requirements, then you probably need a Land Use Review.

Most of the information about your property and building is available at the Resource/Records Counter at the Development Services Center.

For more information, visit the planning and zoning staff at the Development Services Center or call (503) 823-7526.

You can also find information by property address at

If your property is located within unincorporated Multnomah County, you can get planning documents and information online at

Land Use Review - Do I need a Land Use Review?

Public Works Permitting - Do I need a public works permit?

Plan Submittal - What do I need to provide to get a permit?