Due to a planned technology upgrade, the IVR scheduling system will be unavailable starting Wednesday, February 5, 2020 at 3 p.m. until Monday, February 10. Please plan accordingly. Thank you for your patience.
Will Interactive Voice Response (IVR) ever stop you from scheduling an inspection?
- You can't schedule an inspection on your permit unless it has been issued.
- If your permit has any unpaid fees, no inspections can be requested until those fees are paid.
- The number of inspections for Commercial, Residential, and Site Development Permits is limited, based on the valuation of your work. If you have used up all of your allowed inspections and will have to purchase additional ones. The IVR system will prompt you to purchase more based upon current inspection limits.
How do I request inspections on a revision?
For now, inspection requests and results on revisions and deferred submittals are recorded on the main permit for the project. If you encounter any difficulties when trying to schedule an inspection on a permit that has revisions or deferred submittals, please zero out of the IVR system and talk to an operator. They will be able to provide the IVR Request Number for your main permit.
How can I get a plan review status?
Your plan review status can be obtained using the IVR system. When you dial into IVR, press 4 from the main menu. You will need to supply a fax number where your plan review status can be sent. Plan review status reports are only available on permits that are under review.
Using the IVR’s voicemail feature
If you record a message for an inspector using the voicemail feature of IVR, please be sure to press the # key when you're finished recording your message and then press 1 to send the message. The inspector won't receive your message if you don't press these keys to send your message.
Final building inspection vs. final permit inspection
There has been some confusion over the two final inspections "299 Final – Structural" and "999 Final Permit." To clarify, "299 Final – Structural" can only be used on RS, MP and MI permits. The purpose of this inspection is to get a final only for the building piece of the job. 999 Final is used to final the whole project. For finals on Commercial Building Permits, customers should request inspection 999.
Building inspections clarification
When you're calling in on a residential building permit, there are two inspections available that are not available on the commercial building permit: 260 Shearwalls and 265 Firewall.
What if I receive the message, "There is an error with your permit. Permit status not okay."?
This means the permit is either not issued or has already been finaled. To request inspections on a permit, the permit status must either be issued or under inspection. Any other permit status will return the message "There is an error with your permit. Permit status not ok."
What if the IVR doesn't accept your three-digit code?
If your three-digit code isn't accepted, there are a couple things to check.
- First, only applicable inspections can be requested on a permit. For example, if you have an electrical permit, you will not be able to request building inspections using that permit number. You would need the building permit IVR request number to request the needed building inspections.
- Second, although the # key is used to accept information you enter into the IVR system, you do not need to press the # key after entering your three-digit inspection code. Just enter the three-digit code and IVR will continue with the scheduling process.
- If your three-digit inspection code continues to not be accepted, press 0 during business hours or call:
- 1 and 2 Family Residential Inspections 503-823-7388
- Commercial Structural/Mechanical 503-823-7303
- Commercial Electrical 503-823-7304
- Commercial Plumbing 503-823-7302
How do I get a sewer inspection?
- BDS sewer permit inspections can be requested through IVR. To request BDS sewer inspections call IVR at 503-823-7300.
- To request Portland Bureau of Transportation (PBOT) right-of-way inspections on sewer permits, call PBOT at 503-823-7002.
More IVR tips
- Always remember to press the pound (#) key to accept information in IVR. If you hear a message that says "Your response was not detected," re-enter your information and make sure to hit the # key.
- Remember that inspections listed on the inspection reference cards that have "RS Only" listed after them only apply to residential permits.
- You can view the TRACS computer system (where your IVR inspections are stored) on the public terminals in Development Services Center.
- Instructions for finding your permit(s) are located next to the terminal.
- Listen for important IVR announcements at the beginning of the main menu.
- Instruction for Requesting an Inspection Using IVR
- Inspection Codes List