The Bureau of Environmental Services (BES) is planning on updating the Stormwater Management Manual (SWMM) for January 2014. The public comment period will be from October 28th through November 27, 2013. This SWMM revision will not include any major policy or format changes.
The revision priorities for the 2014 SWMM include:
- Updating the vendor submission guidelines for evaluating proprietary treatment technologies (Appendix B).
- Changing the user interface for the Presumptive Approach Calculator (PAC) from an Excel worksheet to an online calculator, available through Portland Online.
There will also be a number of limited corrections and technical edits, such as:
- Updating definitions, references and resources
- Correcting and clarifying authority and responsibilities of City bureaus and work groups
- Updating conditions of applicability based on current system and regulatory requirements
- Clarifying procedural instructions and updating forms, including appeals and special circumstances
The draft 2014 SWMM will be available October 28 through November 27, 2013 on the BES Stormwater System Program website http://www.portlandoregon.gov/bes/61399 along with instructions on how to submit comments. Comments on concepts or sections outside of the scope of this current revision will be accepted for future work planning.