As we head into the rainy season, ground-disturbing work on all properties located in the Balch Creek and Forest Park Subdistricts of the Northwest Hills Plan District must end. Exposed earth must be covered and stabilized by October 1st.
All construction activity, including sewer, water and utility trenching which exposes soil to stormwater is prohibited between October 1st and April 30th. Call the Planning & Zoning section of the Bureau of Development Services, 503-823-7526 with questions.
Projects in other areas of the City must comply with Title 10 Erosion Control Regulations. In most cases, construction activity may continue, but wet weather erosion control measures are required and temporary ground cover must be provided on exposed soils between October 1st and April 30th.
If your construction team would benefit from some additional erosion control training or a refresher course, check with these or other training providers:
- Northwest Environmental Training Center (https://www.nwetc.org)
- CESCL: Certified Erosion and Sediment Control Lead Training
- Re-CESCL: Erosion and Sediment Control Lead Re-Certification
- Oregon Erosion and Sediment Control Workshop
- Southwest Washington Contractors Association (https://www.swca.org/)
- Erosion Control (CESCL) Certification