The IT Advancement Project’s Customer Advisory Committee is a citizen advisory committee, comprised of approximately twelve members who represent a variety of interests. The committee helps the ITAP Team identify any issues with current business processes that may be corrected in the new permit system or that can be addressed prior to system implementation. The Committee also contributes in other ways to the success of ITAP, by providing the ITAP Team with feedback and input on the project as it moves forward.
The committee is currently seeking three to four additional members. In particular, the committee seeks representatives from:
- Surveying Companies
- Mid to Large-Sized Construction Companies
- City residents interested in neighborhood safety and livability issues related to new construction and remodeling projects
- Plumbing Contractors
- Electrical Contractors
Project Manager, Rebecca Sponsel emphasizes, “We really need to hear from our customers on what their needs are for the automated services that ITAP will provide.”
The Committee will meet at least quarterly during project implementation (through Spring/Summer 2016) at the 1900 Fourth Avenue Building.The next meeting is scheduled for February 11, 2015, from 3:00 – 4:00 p.m. in room 2500B.
Current ITAP Customer Advisory Committee Members Include:
- Linda Bauer - Neighborhoods, Pleasant Valley Neighborhood Association
- John Brooks - Engineering, VLMK Consulting Engineers
- Rob Humphrey – DRAC, Land Use/Permit Runner, Faster Permits
- Jennifer Kimura - Engineering, VLMK Consulting Engineers
- Josh Lighthipe - Engineering, KPFF Consulting Engineers
- Diane Mason - Mechanical, Tri County Temp Control
- Rick Michaelson – Property Management, Inner City Properties, Inc.
- Brian Shelden – Property Management, Port of Portland
- Keith Skille - Arhitecture, GBD Architects
If you would like to be considered for membership on the ITAP Customer Advisory Committee, please contact the BDS ITAP Manager, Rebecca Sponsel. Rebecca can be reached at Rebecca.Sponsel@PortlandOregon.Gov or (503) 823-7056.