Skip to Main Content View Text-Only

The City of Portland, Oregon

Development Services

From Concept to Construction

Phone: 503-823-7300


1900 SW 4th Ave, Portland, OR 97201

More Contact Info

Can I rent my house when I am away?

Yes, with an accessory short-term rental permit both Type A & Type B, you must reside in the dwelling unit with the accessory short-term rental at least 270 days per calendar year—roughly 9 months. There are no limits to the number of nights you may have a short-term rental. Therefore, the maximum number of days you may be away from home and renting to overnight guests is 95—roughly 3 months.