The Information Technology Advancement Project (ITAP) is the City’s technology initiative to move the City's development review process to a paperless system. The paperless process will allow online access to the City bureaus' permitting and case services.
The ITAP system will consist of a number of software products linked together into an integrated structure. Here is a brief description of those elements:
- Permit Processing: Infor Public Sector (IPS), (previously “Hansen”) will be the primary software used for permit intake and issuance and serve as the central database for records associated with permits. The publisher of the software is Infor.
- Digital Plan Review: ProjectDox software will allow City customers to submit plans electronically and be the tool that staff uses for paperless review and mark up of plans. The publisher of the software is Avolve.
- Inspector/Field Access: Mobile Office will provide a way for inspectors and other City field staff to connect with the permitting system while they are off site. The Mobile Office product is produced by Selectron, and works seamlessly with IPS and IVR.
- Geographic Information System (GIS): The City’s Corporate GIS (CGIS) team is developing a centralized Master Address Repository that will link to the ITAP system, improving the synchronization of property data between the City, County, and other entities.
- Interactive Voice Response (IVR): BDS plans to retain our current system IVR system used for customers to interact with the permit system via telephone, e.g. for scheduling inspections. The company that supports our IVR system is Selectron.
You can find out more about the project by visiting the ITAP website.