- Request for Applicant Paid Overtime – updates to current dollar amounts and clarity this form is for BDS permit plan review.
- Residential Demolitions – Informational Guide – minor edits to grammar, and minor typos. Added info on where required documents can be found on BDS website.
- Major Residential Alterations and Additions – Informational Guide – minor edits to grammar, and minor typos. Added info on where required documents can be found on BDS website.
- Deck Design Guide (Brochure 3a) – updated to reflect current code, including new drawings on several pages.
- Radio Frequency Transmission Facilities Submittal Requirements – clarification of instructions and updates to ensure current requirements are clearly communicated.
- City of Portland Landlord Training Registration Form – updated for the Fall 2015 dates and locations.
- Do I Need a Permit for My Project? Brochure 2 – Recent translation into Russian – provides general information about types of residential projects that require a permit, and those that do not.
- Do I Need a Permit for My Project? Brochure 2 – Recent translation into Vietnamese – provides general information about types of residential projects that require a permit, and those that do not.
BDS Webpage Updates:
- Language Translation – The City of Portland is committed to providing meaningful access to the benefits of municipal programs and services for all Portland residents, regardless of their proficiency in English. This new BDS webpage provides information on how to request translation services, and already translated informational material in BDS’s most requested languages.
- Fall Landlord Training Program – updated for the Fall 2015 dates and locations.
- Minor Mechanical Labels – This program guide was revised to clarify that minor mechanical labels are valid for six months with a one-time potential extension of an additional six months--as opposed to valid for one year. The guide was also revised to include mini split heat pumps as eligible for permit under the minor mechanical label program.
- Soils and Foundation Requirements for Prefabricated Structures Code Guide OSSC/18/#1 – This new code guide is an update of a 2006 memo titled Guidelines for Commercial Modular Structures. This code guide both updates the document to translates it into a code guide format.
- Rainwater Harvesting Systems for Non-potable Use for Residential or Commercial Uses Code Guide OPSC/6/#2 – This code guide was revised to incorporate the provisions of the State Alternate Method Ruling on the subject, update references, and reorganize for clarity. A significant change is to allow commercial uses (in addition to residential uses) to use harvested rainwater for non-potable uses.
- NFPA 13D System Sprinkler Protection Over Fuel-Fired Equipment in Garages in Residential Construction Code Guide ORSC/AT/#1 & OSSC/9/#3 – This new code guide specifies that, where NFPA 13D sprinkler systems are required, quick response heads are required above or adjacent to fuel-fired equipment in garages, when the garages are below or at the same level as occupied space.
- Administrative Rule: Administrative Fees for Land Use Processes – This rule was amended to 1) add language to clarify that fee refund and waiver policies apply to BDS Land Use Services fees only; 2) revise some language so it is clearer where the policies apply to all land use processes, and where they apply to only discretionary land use reviews; and 3) add specific language for policies related to Early Assistance Appointments and Public Registry applications, consistent with existing practices.
- Administrative Rule: Permitting Original Art Murals – This rule was amended to 1) clarify desired timing of the neighborhood contact requirement in relation to permit application; 2) revise language to provide more flexibility for the neighborhood notification and inspection requirements; and 3) clarify language regarding triggers for structural review.
- Rescinded – Combination Permits for 1 & 2 Family Dwellings Program Guide- This program guide was rescinded because it was incomplete and out of date. In addition, combination permits have since been institutionalized as the primary permitting process and is therefore not within the scope of a program guide. Information regarding permits and inspections can be found on the BDS website or in the Development Services Center.
- Rescinded – Wood Frame Rated Construction Code Guide UBC/6/#2- This code guide was rescinded because it was out of date and contained erroneous information. A replacement code guide is currently under development.