- Residential Demolitions Map – new graphic view of residential demolition permits, updated daily and posted within the gallery section of www.portlandmaps.com
- Residential Seismic Strengthening – updated notes and drawings posted online to show detailed examples of seismic retrofit work.
- BDS Career Opportunities – updated regularly with new job announcements and upcoming recruitments.
- Unreinforced Masonry (URM) Building Information – updated the URM Buildings Seismic Retrofit Policy Information and reorganized the structure of the pages.
- Land Use Review Application – minor edits to clarify portions required for Design & Historic Review applicants and to inform all applicants that personal phone and email information on applications are public record.
- New Single Family Residence (NSFR) Application Packet – added Affordable Housing Construction Excise Tax Exemption Application.
- Land Use Appeal and Decision Templates/Forms – simplified forms and language regarding appeal application process.
- Purpose Statements of the Single Dwelling Zones – updated this reference that assists people in preparing adjustment review applications.
- Tree & Landscape Manual - Section 5 - Plant Materials and Suggested Plant Lists – Two trees (Sycamore maple and Red Horse chestnut) are now listed as nuisance or prohibited trees, so were removed from the suggested plant list.
Service Level Updates and Upcoming Changes:
- August 26, 2016 Publication Date – Current BDS Service Levels
- October 31, 2016 Effective Date – Deconstruction Ordinance Effective October 31, 2016
- July 1, 2017 Effective Date – Required Seismic Certification and Special Inspections for Nonstructural Components and Designated Seismic Systems Effective July 1, 2017