- Conversion to Living Space – Expanded information under heading “Additional Sinks and Kitchens” and clarified information in other sections.
- BDS Career Opportunities – updated regularly with new job announcements and upcoming recruitments.
- NEW - Type A Accessory Short-Term Rental (ASTR) - 1 & 2 Family Dwelling Structure - Permit Application & Checklist – Separate application for new type A ASTRs (vs. renewal ASTRs), along with expanded information to help comply with neighborhood notification requirements.
- RENEWAL - Type A Accessory Short-Term Rental (ASTR) - 1 & 2 Family Dwelling Structure - Permit Application & Checklist - RENEWAL – Separate application for renewing type A ASTRs (vs. new ASTRs), along with expanded information to help comply with neighborhood notification requirements.
- Required PBOT Transportation Analysis for (Type B) ASTRs – New handout with information about submittal requirements for Portland Bureau of Transportation review of Type B ASTR permit applications.
- Early Assistance Application – Minor edits, including adding 100-year flood plain and Oregon Department of Geology and Mineral Industries (DOGAMI) to the intake staff checklist.
- New Single Family Residences (NSFR) Application Packet – Updated information from the Bureau of Environmental Services related to storm water management.
- Historic Landmarks Commission - A Guide to the Historic Resource Review Process – An overview of the process for Design Advice Requests (DARs) and Type III Historic Resource Review criteria and submittal format.
Service Updates, Upcoming Changes, and Public Notifications:
- Updated with Potential Service Impacts: Inclusionary Housing Changes to Zoning Code and Housing Code Effective February 1, 2017
- New Online Map Search of Enforcement Cases
- Expiration and Voiding of Inactive Trade Permits (Mechanical, Electrical, Plumbing)
- Portland Bureau of Transportation Road Map for Private Electric Utility Vaults in the ROW
- BDS Inspection Delays Due to Inclement Weather
- IVR Credit Card Payment Option Reactivated
- Proposed Changes to Enforcement of Accessory Short Term Rental Requirements
- Notice of Public Hearing for Proposed Administrative Rule: Accessory Short Term Rental Enforcement
- BDS Lunch & Learn: The Portland Metropolitan Levee System and BDS’s Role in its Future
- The Bureau of Development Services is Seeking Input on a Proposed Slope Stability Code Guide