November 17, 2016
BDS Director Paul Scarlett provided DRAC members with an update on the bureau’s financial status and shared news regarding POPS (formerly known as ITAP). The DRAC also discussed a draft report to City Council on the implementation of the demolition ordinance; reviewed a draft Cannabis Facilities Code Guide; heard about the expiration of trade permits; and finalized a letter to the City Council regarding BPS’s Residential Infill Project.
December 15, 2016 DRAC Meeting
The December DRAC meeting was canceled due to inclement weather.
January 19, 2017 DRAC Meeting
DRAC members heard an update on BDS’s finances and discussed the bureau’s budget request for FY 2017-18. The DRAC also reviewed a draft letter to new City Commissioner Chloe Eudaly.
Staff from the Bureaus of Transportation and Planning & Sustainability gave presentations on:
- Local Transportation Infrastructure Charge (LTIC) Project (https://www.portlandoregon.gov/transportation/68843)
- Design Overlay Zone Assessment (DOZA) Project (https://www.portlandoregon.gov/bps/70324)
Finally, DRAC members voted unanimously to retain members Maryhelen Kincaid as DRAC Chair and Rob Humphrey as DRAC Vice Chair for 2017.
February 16, 2017 DRAC Meeting
DRAC members spent the majority of the meeting discussing two items:
- Unreinforced Masonry (URM) Seismic Retrofit Project (https://www.portlandoregon.gov/pbem/66306)
- Bureau of Tranportation (PBOT) Systems Development Charge (SDC) Update (https://www.portlandoregon.gov/transportation/71823)
DRAC members also heard updates on the Regulatory Improvement Code Amendment Package (RICAP) 8 and plans for BDS’s 2017 customer and community survey.
Two DRAC subcommittees met in February:
- Fees & Regulations Subcommittee met Monday, February 6 and discussed PBOT’s Local Transportation Infrastructure Charge (LTIC) Project (https://www.portlandoregon.gov/transportation/68843) and Early Assistance options.
- Service Levels Subcommittee met Friday, February 17 and reviewed current BDS service levels and communication with customers and the community.
For more information about the DRAC, including meeting agendas, minutes, and handouts, please visit the DRAC website. The DRAC meets the third Thursday of each month from 8:00 – 10:00 a.m. in Room 2500B (2nd floor) of the 1900 Building, 1900 SW 4th Ave. DRAC meetings are open to the public.