Several administrative rules, program guides, and code guides were created, revised or rescinded in 2017.
- Administrative Rule - Accessory Short Term Rental Enforcement – This is a new administrative rule that allows for citation-based enforcement of Accessory Short-Term Rental code violations.
- Administrative Rule - Notification Process for Final Land Division Decisions (Plats) –This administrative rule was amended so that the notice area for final plat applications is the same as the notice area as the related tentative land division application.
- Commercial Temporary Certificate of Occupancy and Substantial Completion Program Guide – This program guide was revised to update administrative practices for temporary certificates of occupancy, establish Substantial Completion guidelines as an alternative to temporary certificate of occupancy, and establish clear timelines of application, issuance, and final inspection of tenant improvement permits in relation to shell permits.
- Residential Certificate of Occupancy and Temporary Certificate of Occupancy Program Guide – This program guide was revised to update administrative procedures and to reduce the timeline for temporary certificates of occupancy to 30 days, with extensions allowed, as per current practice.
- ORSC/AT/#1 & OSSC/9/#3: NFPA 13D System Sprinkler Protection over Fuel-Fired Equipment in Garages in Residential Construction – This new code guide details sprinkler head requirements near fuel-fired equipment in garages where NFPA 13D systems are required or voluntarily provided.
- OSSC 3/#4, 4/#4, 5/#1, 10/#3, 34/#3, and OMSC 4/#2 and 5/#2: Cannabis Facilities – This is a new code guide that provides information on fire and building code requirements for cannabis production and processing facilities. It includes but is not limited to applicable building occupancy classifications, hazardous material reports, ventilation, and general permit and construction requirements.
- OSSC/6/#4: Non-Fire-Retardant-Treated Wood Framing Within Exterior Walls of R-2 Occupancy Buildings of Type III Construction – This code guide was revised to clarify that Type IA construction podiums under a Type III construction building is no longer limited to one-story, per the 2015 IBC. Thus, Type III construction buildings that have a Type IA podium of more than one story are able to utilize this code guide.
- OPSC/3/#2: Shared Drywells Serving More than One Lot – This new code guide allows drywells to be shared and/or cross over property lines under certain conditions and with an easement and maintenance agreement.
- OPSC/11/#2: Location of Drywells in Relation to Property Lines and Buildings – This new code guide allows reductions of setbacks for drywells from property lines and from buildings (including underneath buildings) under certain conditions.
- OSSC/16/#6: Seismic Certification – This new code guide outlines the submittal requirements for seismic certification of mechanical, electrical, and plumbing components of designated seismic systems for new structures of equipment for buildings in Risk Categories III and IV per OSSC Table 1604.5.
- OSSC/27/#1 & NEC/7/#1- Generator Installation for Emergency or Required Standby Power Systems – This is a new code guide that combined and updated IBC/27/#1-Generator Installation for Required Emergency and Standby Power Supply Systems, and NEC/700/#1 Emergency and Standby Loads Service by Combined Heat and Power/CoGen. The code guide relates to installation requirements for generators for emergency and standby power, including requirements for different types of locations, for different fuel supplies, and for fire pumps.
- UBC/1/#1: Alternate Design, Methods and Materials of Construction for Existing and Historic Buildings (FLEx Guide) –- This code guide was rescinded. Based on 1998 code, many references were outdated or non-existent, and the guide is no longer necessary.
- UBC/16/#1 & UMC/13/#1: Gas Meter Locations for Buildings without Yards – This code guide was rescinded. This topic is not within the scope of a code guide and is covered by PBOT Policies and Design Review, where applicable.
- UBC/21/#-Grouted Masonry Construction – This code guide was rescinded because topic covered is very infrequent and better handled by the BDS Administrative Appeals Board on a case-by-case basis.