How to apply for a FIR residential permit
Step 1: Complete the double-sided FIR Permit Application. Provide information about the scope of work and details of trade work (mechanical, electrical, and plumbing), project valuation, and contact information.
Step 2: Email form to firstname.lastname@example.org. A FIR Inspector will be assigned to your project and will contact you within 1-2 business days to schedule a pre-construction walk through.
The following information should be on plans at the time of submittal.
Plans must meet the submittal standards for building permits as described in Brochure 6. Submittals should include:
- Minimum three (3) sets of plans
- Plan size minimum 11" x 17"
- All plans must be drawn to scale (min. 1 inch = 10 ft)
- Typical plans include site plan, floor plan, elevation view, cross section and detailed drawings
- Plans may not contain color
- Dimensions and notes must be printed to match 12 point font minimum
Brochure 6 includes a Site Plan Checklist and Sample Site Plan.
Plans can be submitted in person at the permit center located at 1900 SW 4th Ave or at the pre-construction meeting with FIR Inspector.