The City’s Development Review Advisory Committee (DRAC) is the primary advisory body regarding development review. DRAC members represent groups with interests in the outcome of policies, budgets, regulations, and procedures that affect development review processes.
The purpose of the DRAC is to foster a timely, predictable and accountable development review process that implements the City's goals for land use, transportation, housing, economic development, neighborhood livability and the environment. The DRAC advocates for and supports consistent and fair application and implementation of regulations.
Development Review Advisory Committee Update
DRAC members spent significant time at the January 2019 meeting reviewing the bureau's financial status and FY 2019-20 budget request and discussing steps the bureau is taking to maintain its financial health and delivery of services. Members present endorsed the BDS budget and a plan to increase land use fees in 2019.
Meeting highlights included:
- Discussion regarding a proposed change to City Code Title 17.28.110 Driveways – Permits and Conditions;
- Recognition of two departing DRAC members – Christopher Kopca and Maxine Fitzpatrick;
- Discussion regarding the role and membership of the DRAC;
- Members re-elected Chair Justin Wood and Vice Chair Claire Carder for 2019.
DRAC Member Vacancies
The Development Review Advisory Committee is currently seeking membership from representatives of:
- Citywide Neighborhood Interests
- Historic Preservation
- Low-Income Housing Developers
- Minority Construction Contractors & Development Professionals
Applications for DRAC membership are welcome at any time. If you are interested in applying or have questions regarding DRAC membership, please email Mark Fetters or give him a call at 503-823-1028.
Join us at the next DRAC meeting!
The DRAC meets the third Thursday of each month from 8 to 10 a.m. in Room 2500 B (2nd floor) of the 1900 Building. DRAC meetings are open to the public. Visit the DRAC website for agendas, minutes, and handouts from each meeting.