A review of some uses is necessary due to the potential individual or cumulative impacts they may have on the surrounding area or neighborhood. The conditional use review provides an opportunity to allow the use when there are minimal impacts; allow the use but impose mitigation measures to address identified concerns; or deny the use if the concerns cannot be resolved.
Conditional Use Procedures
A conditional use proposal will be reviewed through either a Type 1x, Type II or Type III procedure. A new conditional use is generally a Type III review, although changes to existing uses may be allowed through a Type II process. The review thresholds and approval criteria for all situations are contained within Chapter 33.815, Conditional Uses.
Other Reviews: A Conditional Use Master Plan is a plan for the future development of a use that is subject of the conditional use regulations.
- Application for Land Use Reviews - Complete this application form to apply.
- Early Assistance Application - A pre-application conference is required for all Type III Land Use Reviews.
- Waiver within 120 days - Sign this form within 21 days of application date to allow submittal of new information if a Type III decision is appealed.
- Chapter 33.815 - Conditional Uses
- Approval Criteria for Institutional and Other Uses in R zones
- Approval Criteria for Radio Frequency Transmission Facilities
- Approval Criteria for Residential uses in the EG1, EG2, IG1, and IH Zones
- Summary of Procedure Types - Summarizes all procedure types.
- Type Ix Procedure Timeline - Outline of timeline for Type Ix Procedures.
- Type II Procedure Timeline - Outline of timeline for Type II Procedures.
- Type III Procedure - Outline of timeline for Type III Procedures.
- Approval Criteria for Helicopter Landing Facilities - Address approval criteria with your conditional use application.
- Approval Criteria for Specified Uses in Commercial Zones - Address approval criteria with your conditional use application.
- Approval Criteria for Specified Uses in Industrial Zones - Address approval criteria with your conditional use application.
- Community, Area and Neighborhood Plans - Some Conditional Use Review approval criteria require that you address applicable neighborhood and community plans.
- Fee Schedule for Land Use Reviews - A list of all land use fees.
- Fee Schedule for Land Use Reviews in Unincorporated Multnomah County