How are fees assessed on permitted projects?
- Facility Permit fees are based on an hourly rate for all program services and are billed directly to the facility owner. However, standard permit fees will be assessed when the valuation exceeds $600k.
- When the permit valuation is under $600k inspection, plan review, administrative, and project management services are billed at an hourly rate. (Minimum 1 hour for inspections)
- A State Surcharge of 12% is added to all inspections.
What are the billing terms?
FPP clients will receive a monthly mailed itemized billing invoice for each project from the initial plan review through final inspection. The terms of billing are due upon receipt of the invoice and past due after 30 days. A courtesy reminder invoice is generated by our Central Accounting office when an invoice is 31 days past due or more and will continue to be sent each month until invoice is paid.
How do I pay my bill?
- All FPP invoices can be paid by mail, online, or in person in the Development Services Center.
- Remit Payment to: City of Portland, Attn: Accounting Division, 1120 SW 5th Ave, Room 1250, Portland, OR 97204
- Pay in person in the DSC Mon – Friday 8 a.m. - 3 p.m., except Thursday 8 a.m. - noon.
There appears to be a mistake on my bill. How do I get my questions answered?
Please contact us at 503-823-5521 with your invoice number. We can assist you in answering most billing questions or direct you to the appropriate department.
Can we use our own Purchase Order System (P.O.)?
Yes. We call it the Project Reference Number or Billing Identification Number. Your organization's Project Manager(s) should work with your accounting department to identify the proper numbers. Our system can accommodate up to 26 alpha/numeric characters. Link to Project reference #/Billing#
Are there additional fees beyond standard permit fees?
- All FPP Customers are assessed an annual registration fee based on the current FPP Registration rates.
- Other potential charges: Metro Excise Tax and SDC fees from our Inter-Agency Partners.
- Some fees must be paid in person in the DSC before permit issuance such as SDC and Water fees.