Skip to Main Content View Text-Only

The City of Portland, Oregon

Development Services

From Concept to Construction

Phone: 503-823-7300


1900 SW 4th Ave, Portland, OR 97201

More Contact Info

Trade Permit FAQ

1. How should I apply for my trade permit?

Application for permit should start with a phone call directly to their facility inspector.  Most applications for trade permit can be made over the phone. Internet permits and minor labels are not allowed in FFP.

2. Are owners allowed to do trade work on Facility Permit Projects?

Work authorized under the Facility Permit Program is subject to the same license regulations as all other work within the State of Oregon.  Specific questions should be directed to the Building Codes Agency in Salem.

3. If a project previously issued through the Standard Permit Process is re-issued as a Facility Permit, how do I get a refund of fees?

Requests for the cancellation and refund of fees should be made to the Development Service Center Manager.

  • Subcontractors are informed the permit has been submitted and will be issued through the FPP program.

  • Subcontractors cannot obtain an internet permit for an FPP Project.

  • All Trade work is to be done under the FPP permit Program. (You cannot use a minor label or electrical log book for part of the work.)

  • Subcontractors submit their applications by fax or in person and clearly identify the associated building permit. if it is standalone work, (meaning, there is no structural work) a Project Reference Number MUST be provided.