This review procedure is required for more complex reviews such as some land divisions, conditional uses, zoning map amendments and comprehensive plan map amendments, environmental violations and design reviews.
- Pre-Application Conference - Required prior to submittal of the land use review
- Completeness - Staff notifies applicant of any missing information or materials within 21 days of submittal
- Posting - The applicant must post the site at least 30 days before the hearing.
- Public Notice - Upon receipt of a complete application, public notice is mailed to all property owners within 400 feet and to the recognized organizations within 1,000 feet of the site. The notice is mailed at least 20 days prior to the hearing.
- Hearing - Occurs within 51 days after the application is determined to be complete. In cases of comprehensive plan map amendments and statewide planning goal exceptions, a second hearing is held before City Council.
- Decision - Made by the review body following the public hearing
- Appeal - To City Council. Appeal of a Type III decision made by the City Council is appealed to the State Land Use Board of Appeals (LUBA).