Plans and Studies
Plans and Studies
Much of the interest in Johnson Creek Watershed management is linked to Johnson Creek’s history of frequent flooding. The watershed's complexity influences the way we plan for flood mitigation, natural resource management, housing development, and urban renewal.
Several individuals and organizations, local watershed councils and business groups have helped Environmental Services identify restoration priorities in the Johnson Creek basin. The documents on this website and studies listed below represent only a portion of the effort that has been devoted to resolving the flooding and environmental issues in the watershed.
Many of these documents are on file for public review in the Government Documents room at the Millar Library at Portland State University.
- Adolfson Associates, Incorporated. May 2000.Wetland Delineation, Wildlife Assessment, and Functional Value Assessment for the Furey Property, 5772 SE 117th Avenue Portland, Oregon. Prepared for City of Portland Bureau of Environmental Services
- Adolfson Associates, Incorporated. August 1999. Draft Johnson Creek Target Species. Prepared for City of Portland Bureau of Environmental Services
- Adolfson Associates, Incorporated. September 2000. Wildlife Habitat Assessments, Wetland Delineations, and Functional Value Assessments. Johnson Creek Predesign Sites: Tideman-Johnson, Errol Heights, Lents, and Lower Powell Butte Target Areas Portland Oregon. Prepared for City of Portland Bureau of Environmental Services
- Bowker, Joel, Daniela Brod, Christian Fromuth, Lola Gailey, Jim Gladson, Tim Kurtz, Maggie Skenderian, Kathleen, Wadden. July 2002. Lents 2040 Technical Memorandum 1 - Background, Existing Conditions, and Design Consideration for Flood Management in the Lents 2040 Area.
- Bowker, Joel, Daniela Brod, Christian Fromuth, Lola Gailey, Jim Gladson, Tim Kurtz, Maggie Skenderian, Kathleen Wadden. August 2002. Lents 2040 Technical Memorandum 2 – Evaluation of Design Alternatives for Flood Management in Lents
- E4 Partners Consulting. July 2003. Lents Neighborhood Eco- Industrial Development Workshop Summary Report
- McConnaha, W.E. 2002. Assessment of Coho Salmon Habitat in an Urban Stream using Species-Habitat Analysis
- Oregon Department of Fish and Wildlife. 2000. Aquatic Inventory Project Physical Habitat Surveys. Prepared for the City of Portland Bureau of Environmental Services
- Portland, City of, Bureau of Environmental Services. 2002. Analysis of Flood Management Alternatives in Lents
- Seltzer, Ethan Paul. 1983. Citizen Participation in Environmental Planning: Context and Consequence. Dissertation
- Tanner, D.Q., and Lee, K.K., 2004, Organochlorine Pesticides in the Johnson Creek Basin, Oregon, 1988-2002: US Geological Survey Scientific Investigations Report 2004-5061, 36 p.
2004 Lents Project Case Study
December 2012 report on data collected from 1997 through 2010
Portland Bureau of Planning, 1991
By Karl K. Lee and Daniel T. Snyder