Fiscal Year 2016-2017 Sewer Rates
Portland residential sewer rates increased 3.25% on July 1, 2016. The average single family sewer and stormwater bill increased from $67.60 to $69.80:
- Sewer Services - $41.63 of the average monthly bill pays for sewage treatment, maintenance, and debt service for the sewer system.
- Stormwater Services - $27.44 of the average monthly bill pays for operation, maintenance and debt service of stormwater management facilities.
- Portland Harbor - $0.73 helps fund the city's participation in the Portland Harbor Superfund program in the Willamette River.
Low Income Assistance Program
About $0.57 per month of an average bill goes to support low-income assistance.
- Qualifying low income customers will be able to receive a discount of $30.87 per month.
- $30.87 credit would reduce the average monthly bill from $69.80 to $38.93.
- Qualifying households must earn 60% or less of state median income.
- About 7,000 currently receive low income assistance.
Methods used to calculate sewer volume and charges