Updated March 6, 2018
Environmental Services continues construction on the Woodlawn-King Streets Sewer Repair Project. The project will repair or replace over 16,000 feet (over 3 miles) of public sewer pipes in your neighborhood that are on average 90 years old and in deteriorating condition. This work will also include repairing or adding over 6,000 feet of service laterals that connect houses and businesses from the curb to the public sewer in the street. This project will protect the public and the environment by reducing the possibility of sewage releases to homes, businesses and streets
Construction Schedule Through March 30
- On NE 9th Avenue, between NE Holland Street and NE Madrona Street, crews will continue work into the week of March 19th.
- On NE Dekum Street, between NE 8th Avenue and NE Durham Street, crews are planning to work on spot repairs the week of March 26th. Please be aware that the sidewalk in front of Woodlawn Coffee and Pastry, Good Neighbor Pizzeria and Breakside Brewery will be closed but access for customers will be maintained.
- On NE Buffalo, between NE Martin Luther King Jr. Boulevard and NE Rodney Avenue, crews will begin pipe bursting and lateral connections.
- On NE Webster Street, between NE 7th Avenue and NE 9th Avenue, crews will lay new sewer pipe, make lateral connections and spot repairs.
- Crews are scheduled to make spot repairs and do lateral work in a few locations:
- NE 7th Avenue, between NE Ainsworth Street and NE Holman Street.
- NE Grand Avenue, between NE Alberta Street and NE Webster Street.
- NE 10th Avenue, between NE Holland Street and NE Madrona Street.
Please be aware that construction schedules are subject to change due to underground conditions, weather, traffic impacts, subcontractor schedules and availability of materials.
For More Information
Kristen Bishop, Community Outreach
On behalf of the City of Portland, Environmental Services
Lois D. Cohen Associates
2300 SW 1st Ave. Ste 104 Portland, OR 97201
Sign up for email updates and other project notifications
Check out upcoming public meetings, and current and previous communications about the project
Including the project description, map and schedule