Updated March 16, 2018
Night Work Update
We are so grateful for your patience with nighttime construction on Alberta as we work to provide your community with sewer lines that will serve neighbors and businesses for decades to come.
- Tonight, crews are wrapping up mainline construction on Alberta - the most extensive phase of repairs. For noise concerns, please contact our noise hotline at 503-823-8458.
- There are several shorter night work repairs remaining around Alberta, tentatively scheduled for the last week in March or early April.
- For approximately three nights, crews will restore the street surface. To remove the temporary patches, loud sawcutting is necessary. Contractors will focus this activity between 8:00 and 10:00 p.m., and will then lay permanent asphalt.
- For about 4 or 5 nights, crews will line the Cleveland-Vancouver mainline and laterals. Most of this will be less noisy than recent night work.
- This work will impact nighttime traffic on Alberta between Cleveland and Vancouver, and flaggers will be present.
- Night work will continue on Alberta Street for one more night to complete mainline sewer repairs.
- Mainline sewers will be repaired during the day through Cured-in-Place-Pipe lining in the following areas:
- The Rodney/Mallory alley between Jarrett and Holman
- The Cleveland/Williams alley between NE Killingsworth and Alberta
- Lateral pipes will be lined in the following locations:
- The Rodney/Mallory alley between Highland and Holman
- The Garfield/ MLK Jr. alley between Highland and Holman, and between Ainsworth and Jarrett
Paving will take place over the next serval weeks throughout the project area, as weather and crew availability allows.
Please be aware that construction schedules are subject to change due to underground conditions, weather, traffic impacts, subcontractor schedules and availability of materials.
With the exception of night work, construction hours are from 7:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. Monday through Friday, but the contractor may schedule work during the same hours on Saturdays. The Portland Noise Office approved night work for two locations within the project boundaries. Homes and businesses near these locations will receive a separate notification before night work takes place. Check the project map for night work
For More Information
Elliot Tran, Community Outreach
On behalf of the City of Portland, Environmental Services
Thank you for your cooperation during this important sewer repair project.
Including the project description, map and schedule
Check out upcoming public meetings, and current and previous communications about the project
Sign up for email updates and other project notifications