Portland sewer rates increased on July 1, 2018. The estimated average single-family sewer and stormwater monthly bill increased 2.35% from $71.86 to $73.55.
- Sanitary Sewer Services: $42.92 (58.4%) of the estimated average single-family monthly bill pays for sewage treatment, maintenance, and debt service for the sanitary sewer system.
- Stormwater Services: $29.68 (40.3%) of the estimated average single-family monthly bill pays for stormwater treatment, operation, maintenance and debt service of stormwater management facilities.
- Portland Harbor: $0.95 (1.3%) funds the City's participation in the Portland Harbor Superfund — a federal environmental cleanup in the lower Willamette River.
Low Income Assistance Program
- Qualifying Tier 1 single-family customers (households earning 60% or less of median family income) will receive a discount of up to $32.43 per month.
- Qualifying Tier 2 income single-family customers (households earning 30% or less of median family income) will receive a discount of up to $51.89 per month.
- About 6,700 households currently receive low income assistance.