1120 SW 5th Ave, Suite 613, Portland, OR 97204
Starting May 15th 2020, the design software version used for BES projects is AutoCAD Civil 3D 2021. All styles and templates are updated to this version.
All BES CAD drawings (including reference drawings) shall be drawn using the Oregon Coordinate Reference System (OCRS) Portland Zone, based on Lambert Conformal Conic projection (single parallel) North American Datum of 1983. The vertical datum is City of Portland (COP).
For standards and templates questions contact Dan Perde-Zundel at firstname.lastname@example.org
1) For each new project, download the most recent BES AutoCAD Drawing template and tools from this page.
2) Coordinates: All BES CAD drawings (including reference drawings) shall be drawn using the Oregon Coordinate Reference System (OCRS) Portland Zone, based on Lambert Conformal Conic projection (single parallel) North American Datum of 1983.
3) All drawings (including reference drawings) shall be drawn with units as FEET, not inches.
4) Attach all reference drawings as “overlays,” not “attachments.”
5) In addition to typical topographic features and utilities, the following must be included in each basemap or GIS reference drawing:
6) Do not use any other fonts other than those provided in the most recent BES AutoCAD template and tools files.
Contact Dan Perde-Zundel (email@example.com) to request the latest base map for your project. Please include:
When initialing title blocks on CAD plans consultant staff shall apply initials to the DESIGNED BY, DRAWN BY, and CHECKED BY areas (see highlighted graphic below). Initials can be applied in the attributes of the BES title block. We suggest you use the sheet set manager template provided on this page for automatic filling of those fields. The appropriate City staff will initial the other areas. With respect to Engineer of Record seals, EOR(s) will digitally sign each occurrence of their stamp. DocuSign has been adopted by the City of Portland for capturing digital signatures to comply with OSBEELS guidance on seals. In most cases the City will initiate the DocuSign routing process for plans.
Use the following link to find CAD tools appropriate for use with Public Works Permit (PWP) projects.