Fiscal Year 2019-2020 Sewer Rates
Portland sewer rates increased on July 1, 2019. The estimated average single-family sewer and stormwater monthly bill increased 2.95% from $73.52 to $75.69.
- Sanitary Sewer Services: $45.08 (59.6%) of the estimated average single-family monthly bill pays for sewage treatment, maintenance, and debt service for the sanitary sewer system.
- Stormwater Services: $29.66 (39.2%) of the estimated average single-family monthly bill pays for stormwater treatment, operation, maintenance and debt service of stormwater management facilities.
- Portland Harbor: $0.95 (1.3%) funds the City's participation in the Portland Harbor Superfund — a federal environmental cleanup in the lower Willamette River.
Low Income Assistance Program
- Qualifying Tier 1 single-family customers (households earning 60% or less of median family income) will receive a discount of up to $37.37 per month.
- Qualifying Tier 2 income single-family customers (households earning 30% or less of median family income) will receive a discount of up to $59.80 per month.
- About 7,400 households currently receive low income assistance.