N Delaware Sewer Repair Project
Updated February 20, 2020
Environmental Services – your sewer and stormwater utility – is designing a project to repair 623 feet of deteriorating brick sewer pipe under North Delaware Avenue between North Buffalo Street and North Lombard Street, and a small section of sewer pipe under North Rosa Parks Way at North Delaware Avenue. The project will also repair or replace public sewer connections for 19 properties.
This project will reduce the possibility of costly breaks, leaks, blockages and sewage releases to buildings, streets, streams, and rivers.
Construction is anticipated to begin in early summer 2020 and take about 4 months to complete. The city’s contractor will provide notice to adjacent properties one to two weeks before construction begins. All work will occur between 7:00 a.m. and 6:00 p.m., Monday through Friday, and Saturdays as needed.
What to Expect Before Construction
- Tree Trimming: To accommodate the large equipment needed to complete this project, certified arborists will supervise trimming of street trees and some private trees in the project area. The trimming will remove low branches that are overhanging the street to reduce the possibility of large equipment damaging trees and to help ensure public safety. Limbs over the sidewalk will not be trimmed as part of this project.
- Other Pre-construction Activities: Before construction you may also see crews surveying, marking utilities, inspecting sewer lines and bringing equipment and supplies to the project area.
What to Expect During Construction
- Local Access: Local access to all properties will be maintained, but construction activities may impact or delay normal use of your driveway. Please allow for extra time for our crews to make the area safe before entering or leaving the construction area.
- Traffic Delays: You should also expect traffic delays in and near the work area. Please observe traffic control signs and follow the directions of flaggers if present.
- Parking Restrictions: On-street parking will be restricted in and near the work zones to create a safe work environment and to stage equipment and materials.
- Equipment Storage: Some equipment and materials may be stored overnight on your street, nearby streets, or other public right-of-way areas.
- Noise, Vibration, and Dust: Construction creates noise, vibration, and dust.
- Periods of Inactivity: Work will be conducted in multiple phases. A variety of factors, including conditions underground, weather, subcontractor schedules, and availability of materials may cause periods of inactivity.
- Maintained Service: Water and other utilities will remain in service during construction.
For More Information
Contact Matt Gough by email or phone 503-823-5352. In your email and voicemail messages, please provide your name, property address, and the project name (Delaware).