FY 2020-2021 Sanitary and Stormwater Charges and Rates
Portland sewer rates increased on July 1, 2020. The estimated average single-family sewer and stormwater monthly bill increased 2.85% from $75.69 to $77.85.
- Sanitary Sewer Services: $46.55 (59.6%) of the estimated average single-family monthly bill pays for sewage treatment, maintenance, and debt service for the sanitary sewer system.
- Stormwater Services: $30.05 (39.2%) of the estimated average single-family monthly bill pays for stormwater treatment, operation, maintenance and debt service of stormwater management facilities.
- Portland Harbor: $1.25 (1.3%) funds the City's participation in the Portland Harbor Superfund — a federal environmental cleanup in the lower Willamette River.
Low Income Assistance Program
- Qualifying Tier 1 single-family customers (households earning 60% or less of median family income) will receive a discount of up to $38.30 per month.
- Qualifying Tier 2 income single-family customers (households earning 30% or less of median family income) will receive a discount of up to $61.28 per month.
- About 7,400 households currently receive low income assistance.