Working for Clean Rivers
Here are some things we can all do to help keep watersheds healthy and rivers and streams clean.
- Contain the rain on your property, and earn a discount on your stormwater bill. Learn how at www.CleanRiverRewards.com or call 503-823-1731.
- Don't litter.
- Never pour chemicals, oils, paints or solvents in a storm drain. Go to Metro Recycling Information or call Metro at 503-234-3000 for recycling and safe disposal information.
- Call the Spill Response Hotline at 503-823-7180 to report pollution 24 hours a day.
- Sweep sidewalks, driveways and patios instead of hosing them down.
- Stay on trails and keep dogs on leashes in natural areas to reduce erosion in wetlands and streams.
- Preserve established trees and shrubs.
- Don't let sprinkler water wash over streets and sidewalks.
- Pick up pet waste and throw it in the garbage.
- Drive your car less and use public transit or ride a bicycle instead.
- Use an automatic car wash that recycles wash water and uses non-phosphate soap.