Below is a link to a successful grant application funded in the 2009-2010 fiscal year. The sample gives a general idea of what a finished application can look like. Follow the current application instructions and suggestions carefully, and contact the Stewardship Coordinators to talk about your project ideas early in the project planning process.
Sample Application: St. Mary Ethiopian Orthodox Church parking lot retrofit project
Looking through CWSP annual reports can also help you prepare your application. These highlight previous grant recipients, illustrating the range of community projects supported by the stewardship program. The specific project components covered by CSWP funds are also noted for each project. This can help as you prepare the budget for your project.
Here are some tips for getting a stewardship grant:
- Before you apply, build the community that will support your project and get necessary permission from property owners.
- Be realistic when laying out your goals and timeline. You are encouraged to phase the project into achievable pieces.
- Be as specific as possible. A clear grant application will demonstrate planning and thoughtfulness.
- Provide requested information clearly and concisely. Ask others to proofread and edit your application too. Their new perspective may catch details that you missed.
- Before submittal make sure that all parts of the application are complete.