CONSTRUCTION UPDATE: March 3, 2015
Construction is winding down on this project to repair or replace about 40,000 feet of deteriorated sewer pipes that are more than 60 years old. The work will make the sewer system work more effectively and protect water quality, public health and the environment.
Developments of Note
Environmental Services needs to coordinate portions of this project with the Portland Water Bureau and will have to schedule that work at a much later date. There will be no construction on the following streets as part of this project, but work on these streets may be included in a future project:
- SE Claybourne Street between 34th and 36th
- SE 36th Avenue between Claybourne and Henry
- SE Henry Street between Cesar Chavez Boulevard and SE 40th
- SE 29th Avenue south of Knapp
- SE 29th Avenue between Lambert and Rex
For the next several weeks, the contractor will work on punch list items, including installing and repairing manholes and storm drains, repairing or adjusting pipes if needed, installing permanent pavement, repairing curbs, and cleaning up and demobilizing.
What to expect during construction
- Typical work hours are 7:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. Monday through Friday, but the contractor may schedule work during the same hours on Saturdays.
- Construction will create noise, vibration and dust and will disrupt normal neighborhood activity.
- Traffic control signs will be set up. The contractor will maintain local access, but you should expect delays.
- On-street parking in or near the work area will be prohibited during construction hours. Please plan to move your vehicle each day by 7:00 a.m.
- Equipment and materials may be stored on nearby streets overnight.
- There may be periods of inactivity between construction phases.
- A city inspector will be on-site during work hours and may be able to assist you with construction concerns. Inspectors typically wear a City of Portland safety vest and hard hat.
- Please stay clear of all construction activities. Please keep your children from harm and instruct them to stay clear of all construction activities. We also appreciate your keeping pets and vehicles out of the construction areas.
For More Information
Learn more about this project at www.portlandoregon.gov/bes/eastmorelandwoodstock. To receive project updates by email, send an email to Debbie Caselton at Debbie.Caselton@portlandoregon.gov with “Eastmoreland” in the subject line.
Thank you for your cooperation during this project. Please let us know if you have concerns such as business operations, disability issues or medical or business deliveries. As always, we’ll strive to provide quick response to your concerns, minimal disruption of your residence or commercial business, and open and honest communication with you throughout the project.