Skip to Main Content View Text-Only

The City of Portland, Oregon

Environmental Services

working for clean rivers

Phone: 503-823-7740

Fax: 503-823-6995

1120 SW 5th Ave, Suite 613, Portland, OR 97204

More Contact Info

Party Sewer With No Sewer Immediately Available

Party Sewer With No Sewer Immediately Available

party sewer with no public sewer availableIf your residential property shares a connection to the public sewer through another property and no public sewer is available for a direct, independent connection, you have two options. 

  • You may be able to secure a temporary easement agreement with the Host property owner to maintain the current connections until the city builds a public sewer that is available to your property. Environmental Services staff must review and approve easements. Once staff has approved your easement, you must file it with Multnomah County. You can find Multnomah County recording instructions and fees at
  • If you are not able to secure a temporary easement, you may need to build an extension to the pubic sewer. Consult with the Environmental Services staff first.