The Stormwater System Program completed a revision of Portland's Stormwater Management Manual (SWMM) in 2014.
Key revisions include:
- New submission requirements for Manufactured Stormwater Treatment Technologies, including a new application fee
- Changes to reflect current regulatory standards, city code changes and administrative rules
Future revision priorities include:
- Revising the manual to provide a systems-based approach and approvable route of conveyance
- Updating the Offsite Management Fee methodology
- Separating the administrative rules (requirements and policies) from the design guidelines
- Updating facility designs and details as current practices and policies evolve (such as Street by Street)
Environmental Services will soon begin stakeholder engagement on scoping the next SWMM revision, which will help determine any additional priorities.