- Portland Parks West Side (Mary Verrilli, 503-823-3681) or Willamette River (Marissa Dorais, 503-823-7016) Volunteer Coordinators
- West Multnomah Soil & Water Conservation District, www.wmswcd.org
West Willamette Neighborhood Groups
- Friends of Marquam Nature Park, Robin Jensen, 503-799-8435
- Friends of Terwilliger, Robin Vesey, 503-293-1069
- West Willamette Restoration Partnership, Watershed Resource Center, 503-823-2862
- Stephens Creek Stewards, Jen Seamans, 503-823-2862
Tryon Neighborhood Groups
- Friends of Tryon Creek State Park, Lizzy Miskell, 503-636-4398
- Tryon Creek Watershed Council, Adra Lobdell, firstname.lastname@example.org, 503-636-4398
- Friends of Marshall and Maricara Parks, John DeLance, email@example.com
Fanno Neighborhood Groups
- Friends of Gabriel Park, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Friends of Vermont Creek, Jen Seamans, 503-823-2862
- Friends of Woods Park, Jesse Johnston
- Bridlemile Creek Stewards, Steve Mullinax, 503-768-9065
- Friends of April Hill Park, Jill Gaddis, email@example.com
- Friends of Dickinson Park, Tony Hansen, 503-317-3914
- Multnomah Village Gateway Project, Randy Bonella, 503-803-5963
- PCC Habitat Team at Sylvania Natural Area Park, April Ann Fong, firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply for a Community Watershed Stewardship Grant
- The Community Watershed Stewardship Program (CWSP), a partnership between Environmental Services and Portland State University, offers funding for community projects, helps plan projects, and can connect community groups with resources for their projects.
Esmeralda Sanchez, email@example.com, 503-823-7917
Apply for a Treebate
- Every tree planted in Portland contributes to clean rivers and healthy watersheds. Plant a tree in your yard and get a Treebate!
Jennifer Karps, 503-823-2263, www.portlandoregon.gov/bes/treebate
Backyard Habitat Certification Program (Columbia Land Trust and Audubon Society)
- Certify your own yard and help your community do the same! This program provides technical assistance and discounts on plants, soil, amendments and tools to private property and small lot owners (less than one acre) to restore native wildlife habitat in their backyards and help manage on-site stormwater runoff.
Susan Peterson, firstname.lastname@example.org, www.columbialandtrust.org
West Multnomah Soil & Water Conservation District
- The West Multnomah Soil & Water Conservation District may be able to help with neighborhood-scale restoration projects, invasive weed removal, school gardens, grants and conservation workshops.
Visit www.wmswcd.org to learn more.