SE Division Street Paving Resumes on August 25
AUGUST 21, 2014
CONTACT: Joe Annett, 503-823-2934
Portland’s Bureau of Environmental Services and Bureau of Transportation are working together on the Division Streetscape Project. The work will improve transportation and the public sewer and stormwater system along SE Division Street from 11th Avenue to Cesar Chavez Boulevard.
Paving in the project area will resume the week of August 25. Paving will occur in sections as weather permits. There may be short periods during grinding and paving work when driveway access from SE Division will be limited. Property owners will be notified before this work occurs. The city’s contractor will maintain local access to properties within the work area.
During grinding and paving on SE Division Street, west bound traffic will use Division. East bound traffic will be detoured to SE Powell Boulevard at SE 26th Avenue. The city modified the original detour plan to redirect motor vehicle traffic to SE Powell Boulevard in order to avoid conflicts with pedestrians and cyclists using the Clinton Neighborhood Greenway. The Portland Police Bureau has agreed to provide additional traffic enforcement on SE Clinton during the detour period.
Paving Done in Sections
- Section 1: between SE 11th and 12th avenues – Completed
- Section 2: between SE 12th and Ladd avenues – Completed
- Section 3: between Ladd and 26th avenues – Completed
- Section 4: between SE 26th and 34th avenues – Work on this section is scheduled to begin the week of August 25. Work hours will be 7:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. Monday through Friday, but the contractor may schedule work during the same hours on Saturday.
- Section 5: between SE 34th Avenue and Cesar Chavez Boulevard – Work on this section is tentatively scheduled to begin on September 8. Work hours will be 7:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. Monday through Friday, but the contractor may schedule work during the same hours on Saturday.
Temporary striping will be applied and in place until all sections of paving are completed, and then permanent striping will be applied on SE Division Street between SE 11th Avenue and SE Cesar Chavez Boulevard. Permanent striping will be applied later this summer over two weeks of nighttime work Monday through Friday from 6:00 p.m. to 7:00 a.m.
Order of paving activities
- Grinding removes the old road surface. Expect two days to complete this work – one day for the north lanes and one day for the south lanes.
- Driveway and pedestrian crossings will be ramped atthe end of each day.
- Prep work prepares the area to take new paving. Expect one day for this work.
- Paving lays down the new road surface. Expect two days to complete this work – one day for the north lanes and one day for the south lanes. Temporary striping will be laid down as each section of paving is completed.
- Permanent Striping marks new traffic lanes. Temporary striping will be in place until all sections of paving are completed, and then permanent striping will be applied.
FOR MORE INFORMATION
Go to www.portlandoregon.gov/transportation/DivisionStreetscape to see background information and block-by-block maps of the design. To receive email updates for this project, email email@example.com with “Division” in the subject line.
Thank you for your cooperation during this project. Please let us know if you have concerns such as business operations, disability issues, or medical or business deliveries. As always, we’ll strive to provide quick response to your concerns, minimal disruption near your residence or business, and open and clear communication with you throughout the project.
Go to http://trimet.org/alerts/ for information about TriMet line #4.
The City of Portland complies with all non-discrimination laws including Title VI (Civil Rights) and Title II (ADA). To request a translation, accommodation or additional information, please call 503-823-7740, or use City TTY 503-823-6868, or Oregon Relay Service: 711.