Updated July 21, 2017
Night Work Scheduled
Environmental Services is continuing construction of the Northwest District Sewer Repair Project to repair or replace about 8,000 linear feet of public sewer pipes that are 116 years old and in deteriorating condition. The project will increase sewer system capacity to relieve basement sewer backups and help protect public health, water quality and the environment.
Week of July 24
- Concrete paving on NW 24th Place will begin on Monday July 24, 2017. The street will be completely closed for up to a week to allow the concrete to cure.
- Constructing connections to homes on NW 31st Avenue
- Lateral repair NW Vaughn at NW 23rd Avenue northwest corner, This Night work is scheduled to happen on Thursday July 27th.
- Pipe installation will continue at NW 31st Avenue.
- Miscellaneous punchlist items will be performed throughout the project area.
There will be periods of inactivity between phases.
The Portland Noise Control Office granted Environmental Services a noise variance for overnight construction at specified locations (see map) for up to five months on this project. Night work hours are 8:00 p.m. to 5:30 a.m. Sunday through Thursday. If you have questions or concerns during night work hours, you can call the City of Portland on-site hotline at 503-823-6290. You can also contact the Portland Noise Control Office at 503-823-7350 or email@example.com.
Construction will include open trench, cured in place pipe lining (CIPP) and jack and bore. The contractor will dig trenches to the curb to install laterals that connect individual properties to the sewer. There will be no loss of service to any properties during construction.
For Project Information
Contact Debbie Caselton, 503-823-2831.