- The City of Portland is responsible for maintaining green street planters.
- Seasonal maintenance includes removing sediment, leaves or trash that can impede water flow, replacing plants, and watering.
- Maintenance staff leaves door hangers for people who live near green streets with a description of the work performed and contact information.
- The city welcomes help from green street neighbors to help keep water flowing in and out of the planters, to remove debris and to water during very dry weather.
- Please visit the Green Street Stewards page at www.portlandoregon.gov/bes/GreenStreetStewards for more information.
- Please dispose of any trash or animal waste you remove from a green street planter in the garbage.
Where to Report Problems
Problems that threaten public safety or property, or substance spills
503-823-1424 or firstname.lastname@example.org
For More Information
Neighbors interested in becoming Green Street Stewards can visit www.portlandoregon.gov/bes/GreenStreetStewards or call 503-823-8764.
leaves and other debris can block inlets to green street planters
Green Street Stewards and neighbors can clear inlets to help keep green streets working properly