Competition June 2017
Environmental Service is constructing a new sewage pump station on NE Skidmore at 88th Avenue to replace a pump station the city built in 1998.The current pump station is too small to meet current demands.
This project will remove the current structure and surrounding vegetation, and construct a pump station that will cover about twice the area. These improvements will protect public health, property and the environment, and reduce the possibility of sewage releases into streets, homes and businesses.
Schedule - Construction will continue through June 2017
- Crews continue to work at the site,
What to Expect During Construction
- Typical construction hours will be 7:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. Monday through Friday, with the same hours on Saturday as needed.
- Parking will be prohibited in work zones during work hours.
- Construction will create noise, vibration and dust, and will disrupt normal neighborhood activity.
- The on-site city construction inspector should be able to help you with construction concerns during work hours. Inspectors typically wear a hard hat and a safety vest with “City of Portland” printed across the back.
- Construction will not interrupt your sewer service and other utilities.
For More Information
If you have questions or concerns, contact Rhetta Drennan by phone at 503-823-6006 or by email. Let us know if you have concerns such as maintaining driveway access, business operations or medical deliveries.
To receive emailed updates for this project during construction, email Rhetta with “Grotto” in the subject line. Please include your name.
Installation of the monopole that will hold lighting for the site and transmission aerial
Pump Station is now enclosed
Holiday camel hanging out beside the construction site.
Installing beam onto structure.
Underslab conduit construction
Updated: March 22, 2017