Culvert Replacement at SW 45th Avenue and Fanno Creek
Updated November 21, 2017
Environmental Services has replaced an aging culvert on Fanno Creek at SW 45th Avenue. The new larger culvert will improve stream flow and allow fish to pass through. Two green street planters have also been constructed along SW 45th to capture and filter stormwater runoff before it flows into Fanno Creek. The restoration work and fish passage will continue Environmental Services efforts to improve conditions in Fanno Creek.
Developments of Note
- SW 45th Avenue between SW Lee and the Woods Apartments (4940-4950 SW 45th) is expected to reopen by the end of November 22. Final paving is weather dependent.
- Although the road will reopen, the crews will still be finishing up minor items on the project.
- The green streets will be planted later.
What to Expect During Construction
- Construction creates noise, vibration and dust and disrupts normal neighborhood activity.
- Local access to all properties will be maintained, but construction activities may impact normal use of your driveway.
- You should expect traffic delays in and near the work area. Please observe traffic control signs and follow the directions of flaggers.
- On‐street parking will be restricted in and near the work zones to create a safe work environment and to stage equipment and materials.
- Some equipment and materials may be stored on your street or nearby streets overnight.
- There may be periods of inactivity between construction phases due to a variety of factors including weather, subcontractor schedules, and availability of materials.
- A city inspector will be on-site during work hours and may be able to assist you with an immediate need during construction.
- Sewer, water, and other utilities will remain in service during construction.
To receive email updates for the project, send an email to Debbie.Caselton@portlandoregon.gov with "SW 45th" in the subject line or by clicking on the SIGN UP! button above.
If you would like more information about the project or have questions and concerns you’d like to discuss, please call Debbie Caselton at 503-823-2831 or email at Debbie.Caselton@portlandoregon.gov. Please include your name, property address and project name (SW 45th) in your voicemail and email so we can provide you more details about what to expect in front of your property.
Road Closure Update October 12, 2017
Road Closure Extended September 22, 2017
Road Closure to begin August 23, 2017
Road Closure to begin August 3, 2017