Come see how things have changed from five years ago when we completed restoration of the natural area to increase flood storage, protect water quality and enhance fish and wildlife habitat.
Photos: Top, Johnson Creek in 2013, shortly after restoration was completed. Bottom, the same spot today. See more photos below!
- Pick up a free fish hat.
- Enjoy food, ice cream and games.
- Listen to music by Portland bluegrass band Train River.
- See Audubon’s Birds of Prey.
- Enjoy fun and informative activities by: Johnson Creek Watershed Council, Green Lents, Depave, East Multnomah Soil & Water Conservation District, Zenger Farm,Leach Botanical Gardens, OTAK, Lower Columbia Estuary Partnership and Portland Parks.
- Get free basic bike maintenance by volunteers from Bike Farm.
Find more about the East Portland Sunday Parkways route and activities here.
Top: Johnson Creek expanding into the floodplain during high water in 2013.
Bottom: The site today