For an illustration of typical work zone closures, see the map at the bottom of the page.
What to Expect During Construction
- Construction hours will be 7:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. Monday through Friday. The contractor may also schedule work during the same hours on Saturdays. One day/night of extended hours between 6:00 p.m. and 7:00 a.m. may be required to harden the pipe liner.
- Construction creates noise, vibration and dust and disrupts normal neighborhood activity.
- The contractor will maintain local access, but construction impacts the normal use of driveways or business entrances.
- You should expect traffic delays in and near the work area. Please observe traffic control signs and follow the directions of flaggers.
- Portland Streetcar operations on NW 11th Ave will not be disrupted.
- The project will keep all lanes on NW 11th Ave open at all times. Traffic on NW 12th Ave may see lane restrictions during work hours, but the street will remain open.
- On‐street parking will be restricted in and near the work zones to create a safe work environment and to stage equipment and materials.
- Some equipment and materials may be stored on your street or nearby streets overnight.
- There may be periods of inactivity between construction phases due to a variety of factors including weather, subcontractor schedules and availability of materials.
- A city inspector will be on-site during work hours and may be able to assist you with an immediate need during construction.
- Sewer, water and other utilities will remain in service during construction.