Updated: April 13, 2017
Our contractor is scheduled to begin construction on SE 50th Ave as early as the week of April 24, 2017. The work will be done in phases. Due to each phase requiring a specialized crew, there will be periods of inactivity between each phase.
The construction schedules are subject to change due to conditions underground, weather, traffic impacts, subcontractor schedules and availability of materials.
The overall CIPP 2016-2017 Project is scheduled to be completed the fall of 2017.
For more information, questions or comments, please contact Joe Annett or 503-823-2934.
This project will primarily involve a cured-in-place pipe (CIPP) construction method for repairing the main line public sewer. There are other activities that will take place prior to and after the CIPP liner has been inserted into the main line public sewer pipe. Most of these activities are performed using a vactor truck, but some will require open trench excavation.
For information on the CIPP process, and other construction methods go to: https://www.portlandoregon.gov/bes/methods
Construction phases are:
- All sewer lines must be cleaned and videotaped first
- Saw cutting of pavement as needed
- Cleanouts will be installed in the right of way to allow by-pass pumping from each building
- Connections from buildings to the sewer main repaired to the curb, open cut excavation
- Cured-in-place pipe lining and reinstatement of connections
- Connections from buildings to the sewer main repaired to the curb, CIPP liner
- Videotaping of sewer line for final inspection and approval
- Final restoration of work zones
There will be periods of inactivity ranging from a week to a month during each phase of the project