Updated July 5, 2018
Environmental Services will be constructing a sewer and stormwater capacity project on SE Salmon Street between 9th and 10th avenues to replace over 400 feet of public sewer pipes that are currently too small. The new and larger sewer pipes will enhance livability by improving sewer and stormwater infrastructure, increasing sewer capacity, and reducing the risks of flooding and sewage releases to businesses and streets in the Willamette River Watershed.
Construction is anticipated to begin in early August 2018 and should be completed by December 2018.
The city’s contractor will use open trench excavation where the road will be excavated to access and replace the pipes. For more information on sewer construction methods, visit www.portlandoregon.gov/bes/methods.
What to Expect during Construction
- Construction hours will be 7:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. Monday through Friday. The contractor may also schedule work during the same hours on Saturdays.
- Construction creates noise, vibration, and dust and disrupts normal neighborhood activity.
- The contractor will maintain local access, but construction may impact normal use of your driveway or entrance to your business.
- You should expect traffic delays in and near the work area. Please observe traffic control signs and follow the directions of flaggers.
- On‐street parking will be restricted in and near the work zones to create a safe work environment and to stage equipment and materials.
- A city inspector will be on-site during work hours and may be able to assist you with an immediate need during construction.
- Sewer, water, and other utilities will remain in service during construction.
For More Information
With questions or comments, please contact Debbie Caselton by email at Debbie.email@example.com or phone at 503-823-2831. To sign up for periodic email updates, email Debbie with “10th & Salmon” in the subject line.