Environmental Services continues construction on a project to repair or replace up to 7,000 feet of public sewers and build up to 32 green street planters to remove 2.6 million gallons of stormwater a year from the sewer system in the northwest portion of the Sunnyside neighborhood and a portion of the Buckman community. Many of the existing combined sewer pipes are at least 100 to 120 years old and deteriorating or undersized for the sewer and stormwater flows in this area. These improvements will protect public health, property and our environment and reduce the possibility of sewage releases into streets, homes and businesses.
Both trenchless and open trench excavation methods were selected for this project. To learn more about these methods, visit www.portlandoregon.gov/bes/methods
What to Expect During Construction
- Noise, Vibration and Dust are significant and will disrupt normal neighborhood activity.
- Traffic Delays will occur in and near the work area. Please observe traffic control signs and follow the directions of flaggers.
- Driveway Access to your property will be maintained, but construction may impact normal use of your driveway or entrance to your
- On-street parking will be restricted in and near the work zones to create a safe work environment and to stage equipment and materials.
- Sewer, water, and other utilities will remain in service during construction.
- Equipment Storage: Some equipment and materials may be stored on your street or nearby streets overnight.
- Schedule Changes and Inactivity: construction schedule is subject to change due to a variety of factors, including conditions underground,
- subcontractor schedules, and availability of materials. These same variables may cause periods of inactivity between construction phases.
For more information
If you would like more information about the project or have questions and concerns you’d like to discuss, please call or email: