Connect to Work Experience
Connect to Work Experience is a paid work experience program through WorkSource Portland Metro. This program is a great opportunity to provide critical work experience to a population that has historically been underserved at no cost to your bureau. WorkSource operates the program through SE Works, Inc., a local community-based organization. There is no direct cost to the City. SE Works is the employer of record and pays all wages, taxes, and workers’ compensation costs.
- To request a training participant through the program, Bureaus should complete the work assignment outline and forward it to their HR Business Partner.
- The HRBP will forward the work assignment outline to the City’s account representative at SE Works.
- The account representative will contact the bureau directly to discuss the bureau’s needs and training participant availability.
- The bureau is responsible to provide orientation, meaningful work assignments, and appropriate supervision. SE Works provides a supervisor guide. A participant agreement is required for each training participant, with the work assignment outline attached to it.
- The intern will work for up to 240 hours total. There is no obligation to offer continuing employment after the work assignment is complete.
For questions, contact your HRBP or BHR Training and Workforce Development.