General Safety Guidelines
General Safety Guidelines
Please continue to stay vigilant and report any suspicious behavior to law enforcement or City Security. Remember the following safety guidelines:
- Always be alert and aware of your surroundings and the people around you, especially at night.
- Trust your instincts. If something doesn’t look or feel right, it might not be.
- Never prop exterior doors open.
- Make sure that all outer facility doors and gates are locked and secured when you leave any building or lot.
- Do not allow anyone to piggyback behind you while entering a building. If you do not feel comfortable confronting someone about this, please notify City Security immediately.
- Make sure your cell phone is charged in case you need to make an emergency call.
If you see something that seems suspicious, please call the Portland Police Bureau non-emergency number at (503) 823-3333 or City Security at (503) 823-7777. In the event of an emergency, please call 911.
Online Safety Guidelines
- Check the privacy settings for all social media accounts and turn off things like geo-location and location tagging.
- Consider restricting your information to only "friends" and check the settings of your immediate family.
- Check all public photos to ensure no private information is posted such as your address on the outside of your house, license plates, etc.
- Consider freezing your credit, which prevents creditors from accessing your credit report.
- You can opt-out of credit offers through the website optoutprescreen.com, you may request to opt-out from receiving such offers for five years. If
you want to opt-out permanently, you can print a form that you must send through postal mail. If you choose to
opt-out, you will no longer be included in offer lists provided by consumer credit reporting companies. The process
- Removing personal information online can be a process as each web site that contains your information will have their own process for removal.
Remember the best tool of keeping your personal information 'offline' is to never allow the information to go 'online'.
If you or someone you love needs help, call our 24/7 Crisis Line at 503.235.5333 or toll-free 1.888.235.5333.
People who are hard of hearing, deaf, or speech-disabled may access Call to Safety (formerly Portland Women's Crisis Line) through Oregon Telecommunications Relay Service by dialing 711 on a TTY phone or through Sprint Relay by using a high speed internet connection and going to www.sprintip.com(link is external).
We offer free and confidential support groups. To find out more information call the crisis line at 503.235.5333.
Call to Safety website