Skip to Main Content View Text-Only

The City of Portland, Oregon

Office of Management & Finance

Bureau of Human Resources

Knowledgeable | Helpful | Responsive

Phone: 503-823-3572

Benefits Line: 503-823-6031

1120 SW 5th Ave, Room 987, Portland, OR 97204

More Contact Info

How to File a Public Records Request

Generally, in instances where a party does not have ready access to document(s) to be presented at a hearing, the party may file a Public Records Request with the appropriate bureau.   A contact list may be found by clicking the following link: 

Link to Public Records Requests Contact List  (PDF Document, 45 kb)

Once a party determines the appropriate person to contact at the bureau, the party may file a Public Records Request. The form to file a Uniform Public Records Request is found at the following link:

Link to Uniform Public Records Request Form in fillable format

Alternatively, effective December 8, 2015, a party may file a Public Records Request through the Portland Public Record Request Center (GovQA), a new online public records request tracking portal.  Click the following link to access the Portland Public Record Request Center (GovQA):

Answers to questions about the Portland Public Record Request Center (GovQA) can be found in the FAQ section in the tool or on the City Attorney website:

 Additional questions regarding Portland Public Records Request Center (GovQA) can be directed to Jenifer Johnston in the City Attorney’s Office:

                        Jenifer Johnston, Senior Deputy City Attorney

                        City of Portland, City Attorney’s Office

                        (503) 823-6040 (Public GovQA number)

                        (503) 823-3077 (Internal number for City employee questions only)