STUDENT EMPLOYEE JOB DESCRIPTION
(Off-Campus/College Work Study Program)
CITY OF PORTLAND
Equal Opportunity Employer
Work Study Positions are open and available only for students with college Work Study grants approved by a college Financial Aid Office.
Job Title: Educational Preschool Assistant
Agency: Portland Parks & Recreation / Portland Parks Preschool
Contact Person: Kristi Lilly
Phone: (503) 444-0682
Address: 305 NE 102nd Ave., Suite 250 / Portland, OR 97720
Pay: $10.75 per hour
Description of Duties:
- Assists on-site educational preschool activities in a classroom setting.
- Set-up & clean-up of activities.
- Assists in classroom student management.
- Plan & implement room decorations & set-up learning stations.
- Work with individual students as requested.
- Provides information to the public concerning recreation programs.
- Provide a high level of customer service in all interactions with the general public, co-workers, and those contacted within the course of work.
- Ability to take initiative, be creative in developing support materials, understand age levels & abilities of children 3-5 years.
- Ability to establish effective working relationships with lead Teacher, Parents and Recreation Staff.
Number of Available Positions: 12-14
Available work Schedule and Locations: Fall, Winter, and/or Spring Terms
* Not required to commit to all Program meeting day / Student can chose available days
* Shifts can be combined for a longer day
Charles Jordan Community Center (N Portland)
East Portland Community Center (E Portland)
Hillside Community Center (NW Portland)
Matt Dishman Community Center (NE Portland)
Montavilla Community Center (SE Portland)
Mt. Scott Community Center (SE Portland)
Peninsula Park Community Center (N Portland)
Sellwood Community Center (SE Portland)
St. Johns Community Center (N Portland)
Woodstock Community Center (SE Portland)